The UPTC provides classroom exam scoring analyses of multiple choice exams given in University of Pittsburgh courses. Pitt uses the Apperson DataLink Scanning System for exam processing and results are delivered within 24 hours of drop-off (excluding weekends). Please watch the following tutorial on the process for dropping off exams at the Ground Floor, G33 Cathedral of Learning.
* To drop off exams for scoring, you must have the following:
- Completed Scanning Request Form Cover Sheet
- Completed Key on top of all student answer sheets.
- Ability/knowledge to complete a short electronic form with exam information upon arrival, which gives the exam a Job #, electronic timestamp, and alerts staff that the exam has been dropped off.
- This service is not to be used for departmental teaching evaluations. The Office of Measurement and Evaluation of Teaching (OMET) is in place to assist with teaching evaluations.
- Remind students to bubble in their PeopleSoft numbers and write their names on their answer sheets. *Scores will not be paired with student names if they do not bubble in their PeopleSoft number.*
- A separate, new key must be provided with each scanning request unless a key has been previously saved. In this case, you must provide the name and date of the key to be used.
- *All exams will be kept on site for one month, then they will be stored off-site for one year.* After one year, the exams are destroyed in accordance with the University’s General Records Retention Schedule.
- If you feel there are discrepancies on the results, you are welcome to visit our office to review the sheets. Once the exams are moved off site, we’ll request that they be returned and will contact you when they’re available for review.
- Tests can be rescored without rescanning the student answer sheets. *Simply reply to the results email with the subject reading “rescore”.* Turn-around is based on the time the e-mail rescore request is received by the UPTC staff.
- Each scan produces summary statistics and item analysis data.
- Faculty, staff, and students involved in survey research can also utilize the answer sheets and optical scanning services.
- *The UPTC will not return exams via mail or courier service.*