Ground Floor, Room G-33 Cathedral of Learning
4200 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Main Office: (412) 624-7215
Scanning and Scoring of Classroom Exams: (412) 624-6146
Email us at email@example.com
- There are 42 testing stations in the UPTC (32 are computer-based).
- Two individual rooms are available for private testing.
- The entire testing area is under digital supervision by the University of Pittsburgh Integrated Securities Department.
- All paper-based exams will be kept on site for 28 days, then stored for one year off-site. After one year, the exams are destroyed in accordance with the University’s General Records Retention Schedule.
- Instructors can contact us at any time to inquire about registering a course for proctored examinations. Please note that several restrictions apply.
Rules and Regulations
- Students must provide a student/photo ID in order to take a test.
- The following items are prohibited in the Testing Center: alcohol, controlled substances, firearms, knives/sharp objects, wearable technology.
- Unless previously approved, restroom breaks are not permitted.
- Once a testing session has started, students are NOT permitted to leave the Testing Center. If a student has to exit the Testing Center for any reason (including emergencies), the testing session is immediately over and you will be notified. Completion of the test is at your discretion.
- Proctors are not permitted to answer questions about tests.
- Interaction with other testers can result in dismissal.
- All personal belongings must be stored in a locker while testing. Cell phones, electronic devices, backpacks, bags etc. are not permitted in the Testing Center. The lone exception is if exam materials are pre-approved for use during testing (such as notes, textbooks, calculators, etc.). Instructors must inform testing administration of what materials are permitted in advance of your arrival. We cannot allow a student to use exam materials without written consent from the instructor.
- Faculty will be immediately informed of a suspected academic integrity violation.
- In the event that an emergency results in the evacuation of the Cathedral of Learning, UPTC has outlined procedures that will ensure the safe and swift evacuation of the testing population in UPTC.
- All exams will be immediately suspended. Testers will not be allowed to access the lockers.
- Our meeting location is the front steps of the William Pitt Union. We will record the names of the students and notify you of the disruption.
- Students will be within UPTC supervision the entire time.
- Once we are allowed to reenter the building they will be allowed to resume their tests.
- Instructors whose students were impacted will be notified.
- Occasionally, time constraints will prevent students from completing the exam once the emergency situation is resolved. In that case, UPTC will work with you to determine what course of action to take to allow the students to complete their tests.