The Teaching Center Staff Excellence Awards program was created in 2017 to recognize team members who make exceptional contributions to the University of Pittsburgh. Originally titled the Advancing Educational Excellence Awards, these peer-nominated recognitions are presented annually to those who exemplify the Center’s values; demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment toward work responsibilities, colleagues, and customers; serve as a role model and contribute to a collaborative and constructive work environment; embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion; and consistently provide outstanding contributions to the Center. You can view a gallery of previous recipients online.
The awards program recognizes the contributions of a team member who:
- Exhibits a commitment to the Teaching Center’s mission, vision, and values.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward work responsibilities, colleagues, and customers.
- Serves as a role model for others and contributes to a collaborative and constructive work environment.
- Embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrates recent outstanding contributions to the Center.
- We encourage nominations from all Teaching Center staff members. In addition, any member of the University community may submit a nomination. Self-nominations are not accepted.
- These are individual staff awards. Teams or groups of people cannot be nominated.
- A committee will select the nominees who best exemplify the spirit of the award. Up to four awards will be presented annually.
- Nominations are due by Nov. 30. Recipients will receive the awards during a full staff meeting.
- Nomination form: Please complete the form below. Deadline to nominate: Nov. 30.
- Letters of Support: Two letters of support are required and you may submit up to three letters. Letter of support:
- Can come from colleagues within or from outside of the Teaching Center.
- Should describe the nominee’s commitment to the Center’s values.
- Should provide specific examples of how the nominee demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment towards work responsibilities, colleagues, and customers.
- Must be signed by an individual nominator (instead of a group, team, petition, committee, etc.)
- Please submit the entire nomination (including all letters of support) at one time.