Instructions to Import the Teaching Center Course Template
To import the Teaching Center course template into your own shell in Canvas:
1. Navigate to Canvas Commons using the control panel on the left-hand side of the screen.
2. Click on the Teaching Center course template, which will be located at the top of your screen.
*Note: When you click on the course template, you will be able to view most of its contents (except sample lecture) without importing it. This should help you determine whether you would like to import the template into your own shell. If you opt to import it into your own course shell, content will remain the same, but will be organized in a way that makes it slightly easier to navigate. You will also be able to view sample lecture videos that cannot be viewed in Commons due to Panopto permissions.
3. If you decide to import the Teaching Center course template, click on the Import/Download button the left side of your screen.
4. Once you click on this button, a pop up box listing all of your courses will appear on the right side of your screen. Browse through your course list and click on the box(es) next to the course(s) into which you would like to import the Teaching Center course template.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the course list and click the Import into Course button.
6. Once you have imported the course, you will receive this notification. Please note that it sometimes takes 5-10 minutes for the imported content to appear in your course shell.
If you have trouble with the import, please use the Canvas Help feature located on the left side of your screen to seek support.