This document is intended for Survey Coordinators who verify survey details and make opt-out decisions for their units. If you are an instructor in the schools of UPB, UPJ, SHRS, or SOCWRK, please refer to the Teaching Survey Opt-Out Faculty Guide. Instructors and administrators in all other schools should contact OMET for assistance or with questions.
The Opt-out Task allows you to:
- Opt-out individual courses or instructors
- Change survey start and end dates
- Make opt-out or survey date changes to groups of courses
Important things to note before you begin:
- Surveys for all courses and all Primary, Secondary, and TA’s associated with the course are automatically
- If you opt out the course – NO survey is
- If you opt out some of the instructors and leave “Yes” in the Evaluate column, the course and remaining instructors WILL be
- No changes to data (instructor names, course type, rank, etc.) can be made in the Data Verification (DIG) ALL changes must be made in PeopleSoft and will take 24 to 48 hours to appear on your Dashboard.
- Remember to Save your changes.
Opting Out and Making Changes
Step 1 – Go to your Teaching Survey Dashboard
Step 2 – The following task is assigned to you:
“Review and Publish the data assigned to you for (current term)
Teaching Survey School and Department Admin Opt – out”
A list of Courses will appear.
Step 3 – Using Filtering Criteria
Filter by choosing the Courses field option:
Filter by Instructor Name (group member name):
Step 4 – Place a check mark next to the course you would like to opt out of the survey process and click the Edit button, course details will appear.
Step 5 – Making Changes
Verifying data and making changes for individual courses
- Fields are pre-populated with Yes to evaluate and survey period dates based on course session code.
- Make changes using the guide below. Make sure to SAVE your changes.
- If you make a mistake or were just verifying the information – hit Cancel, the default information will populate.
Verifying and making changes to groups of courses – This can be used to opt out or change survey period dates for groups of courses by using filtering criteria and Edit courses.
Changing survey period dates – the default dates are calculated based on session code. You may find it necessary to adjust all the dates to one uniform set.
Screen image 1 – choose Edit courses fields
Screen image 2 – click on the drop-down arrow
Screen image 3
Screen image 4: Click on the date you would like the survey to begin and close. You can add fields from this screen to choose an end date for surveys. Hit Apply.
Opting Out Groups of courses – for example, you may want to opt out all independent studies classes.
- Use the criteria field to filter out the courses you want.
- Click on the individual class or choose all classes with this criteria by clicking the box next to Status.
- Using the Edit courses field option – choose Evaluate and enter “No” and Apply.
- Save your changes.
Questions? Contact us at TeachingSurvey@pitt.edu or email@example.com.