Beginning in spring 2020 the services of OMET expanded to include administering midterm course surveys at the request of the instructor. This new service further supports our mission to assist faculty with gathering student feedback. The service is optional and those who request agree to follow the processes outlined below.
Midterm course survey data provides timely formative feedback that can uncover barriers to student learning. Midterm Course Surveys are optional and must be requested by the instructor. A standard set of open-ended questions is applied, and instructors can add custom questions. The survey period is determined prior to the beginning of the term. Results are released to the instructor only, shortly after surveys close.
Who can request?
Anyone teaching a course, including Teaching Assistants, can request through their Teaching Survey Dashboard. An email notification will be sent when the option to request is open.
Which classes can be surveyed?
All classes are eligible to be surveyed.
Five questions are automatically applied to the midterm survey. Instructors can add
custom questions. Go to our Question Library to view both lists.
Survey Administration Details
- An email notification will be sent to instructors when the option to request is open.
- Instructors will have the option to add questions before the survey start date.
- Students will receive an email notification when the survey is open.
- Surveys will be open for one week – dates are determined by OMET prior to the beginning of the term.
- View our timeline for current term dates and deadlines.
- Anonymized results are sent to instructors shortly after surveys close.
- Results are released to the instructor only.