Faculty can choose the OMET set of midterm survey questions (faculty choosing this option may still add questions to their survey):
At this point in the semester, your instructor would like to know:
- What is helping you to learn in this class?
- What is making learning difficult?
- What changes could be made to help you learn?
- What do you still find confusing or unclear?
- What steps could you take to improve your own learning in this course?
Or, faculty can choose to write their own questions. See our Instructions for Adding Custom Questions document.
Tips for writing survey questions:
- Keep language simple
- Avoid leading questions
- Don’t combine concepts
- Keep it short (avoid survey fatigue)
- Can include scaled and open-ended questions (analysis of open-ended comments may take longer)
Scaled – (Strongly disagree, Disagree. Neutral, Agree, Strongly agree)