New – OMET Process
The Office of Measurement and Evaluation of Teaching (OMET) now offers a Midterm Course Survey option.
- Instructors can request a Midterm Course Survey through their Teaching Survey Dashboard.
- The following survey questions will be applied:
- At this point in the semester, your instructor would like to know:
- What is helping you to learn in this class?
- What is making learning difficult?
- What changes could be made to help you learn?
- At this point in the semester, what do you still find confusing or unclear?
- What steps could you take to improve your own learning in this course?
- Instructors will have the option to add custom questions.
- Surveys will be administered online to students
- Surveys will be open to students for one week
- Results will be released to instructors shortly after surveys close
- For more details, refer to our processes and procedures document.
Fall 2019 schedule:
|Instructors can opt-in to the survey process
||September 3 – 18
|Instructors can add questions to the survey
||September 23 – 29
|Surveys administered to students
||Sept. 30 – Oct. 6
|Results available to instructors
Contact OMET@Pitt.edu for more information.
Midterm surveys can also be administered using the following options:
CourseWeb/Blackboard – You may administer surveys through CourseWeb/Blackboard. Please see Blackboard’s support article for instructions on designing, administering, and interpreting results.
Qualtrics – The University of Pittsburgh has a site license for the Qualtrics Survey Service. Qualtrics can be used to administer surveys, collect and store data, and analyze results.