The Office of the Provost and Teaching Center host New Faculty Essentials events throughout the year in both virtual and face-to-face formats. Recordings of the most recent events are available on this page.
Reconnecting: Year-end New Faculty Engagement (Spring 2022):
- Date and Location TBD
Welcome to New Faculty:
- This on-campus event is an opportunity for you to meet a network of colleagues with whom you will interact throughout your career at the University, including deans, department chairs, and other University leaders.
Faculty Support for Teaching and Learning (47 minutes):
- In this session, faculty receive an overview of the pedagogical and technology-based resources that are available to support your teaching. You can view a recording of the most recent presentation online.
Research at the University of Pittsburgh for New Faculty: Humanities and Social Sciences (44 minutes):
- Pitt research is the heart of the research engine at the University. This workshop provides an overview of resources available to all researchers. It also highlights how Pitt research is poised to promote research of impact while also fostering an environment that encourages creativity, collaboration, and community.
- This presentation will give an overview of the research infrastructure—including key offices, people, policies, and procedures—at the University. We will also introduce some centers and institutes of potential interest to STEM faculty.
- The Office of Research, Health Sciences, is a service organization with the mission of helping faculty members in the six schools of Health Sciences. This session will provide an overview of the multitude of services available to biomedical/life sciences researchers across the University.
[ HIDDEN ]
Reconnecting: Year-end New Faculty Engagement (Spring 2022)
- Date and Location TBD
- Monday, Sep. 20, 5-7 p.m., Posvar Hall Patio
- Thursday, Aug. 12, 1-2 p.m.
- Thursday, July 22, 1-2 p.m.
- Presenter: Shelome Gooden, PhD, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Research in the Humanities, Arts, Social Sciences and Related Fields.
- Wednesday, July 21, 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Presenter: David A. Vorp, PhD, Associate Dean for Research at the Swanson School of Engineering
- Tuesday, July 20, 3-4 p.m.
- Presenter: Jeremy P. Somers, PhD, Scientific Director from the Office of Research, Health Sciences