Provost's Award for Diversity in the Curriculum
On Jan. 24, we recognized five faculty members for their efforts to integrate diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) concepts into courses and curricula which have resulted in changes of impact. Read more about the 2022 award recipients. Now in its sixth year, the Provost’s Award for Diversity in the Curriculum has recognized 33 faculty for their exemplary efforts to bring diverse perspectives to the curriculum, create inclusive environments, and institute changes that expand students’ cultural awareness and cross-cultural development. Applications for the 2023 award will begin in fall term 2023.
Preparing for Spring Term
Key Dates to Remember
- Dec. 18: Winter recess begins for students (no classes), all schools
- Dec. 20: Fall term grades must be approved by instructors by 11:59 p.m.
- Dec. 23, 2022–Jan. 2, 2023: Winter recess (University closed)
- Jan. 9, 2023: Spring term begins (University Academic Calendar 2022-2023)
- Jan. 16, 2023: Martin Luther King holiday (University closed)
- Jan. 16-20, 2023: Week of SEISMIC (Sloan Equity and Inclusion in STEM Introductory Courses)
- Jan. 27, 2023: Assessment and Teaching Conference (Details coming soon)
The Year of Emotional Well-Being
Provost Ann E. Cudd announced the Year of Emotional Well-Being in April 2022, expressing that “this theme offers an opportunity to engage collectively with a focus on restoring and enhancing our emotional well-being. The pandemic underscored the importance of fully supporting the emotional welfare of students, faculty, and staff as everyone navigates the new terrain. This is a time of burgeoning research and collective reflection on our emotional needs and the qualities that make for a good life."