Provost's Award for Diversity in the Curriculum
On Jan. 24, we recognized five faculty members for their efforts to integrate diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) concepts into courses and curricula which have resulted in changes of impact. Read more about the 2022 award recipients. Now in its sixth year, the Provost’s Award for Diversity in the Curriculum has recognized 33 faculty for their exemplary efforts to bring diverse perspectives to the curriculum, create inclusive environments, and institute changes that expand students’ cultural awareness and cross-cultural development. Applications for the 2023 award will begin in fall term 2023.
Preparing for Spring Term
Key Dates to Remember
- Dec. 18: Winter recess begins for students (no classes), all schools
- Dec. 20: Fall term grades must be approved by instructors by 11:59 p.m.
- Dec. 23, 2022–Jan. 2, 2023: Winter recess (University closed)
- Jan. 9, 2023: Spring term begins (University Academic Calendar 2022-2023)
- Jan. 16, 2023: Martin Luther King holiday (University closed)
- Jan. 16-20, 2023: Week of SEISMIC (Sloan Equity and Inclusion in STEM Introductory Courses)
- Jan. 27, 2023: Assessment and Teaching Conference (Details coming soon)
New Faculty Orientation Fall 2022
More than 200 people attended the reception for an evening of interdisciplinary networking with colleagues, deans, department chairs, and university administrators. You can view a gallery of the event. On-demand New Faculty Orientation: ICYMI - Our research, teaching, and library workshops (and the accompanying slides) are available for viewing on the New Faculty Orientation events page.