New Faculty Essentials, Jan. 31, 2023
New Faculty Essentials, Feb. 27, 2023
Do You Teach an Introductory STEM Class?
The SEISMIC (Sloan Equity and Inclusion in STEM Introductory Courses) collaboration hopes to recruit four STEM faculty members and two undergraduate students who are interested in STEM equity to be part of the NSF-funded Stem Equity Learning Community (SELC) during the 2023-24 academic year.
New Faculty Essentials, Dec. 14, 2022
Preparing for Spring Term
Key Dates to Remember
- Dec. 18: Winter recess begins for students (no classes), all schools
- Dec. 20: Fall term grades must be approved by instructors by 11:59 p.m.
- Dec. 23, 2022–Jan. 2, 2023: Winter recess (University closed)
- Jan. 9, 2023: Spring term begins (University Academic Calendar 2022-2023)
- Jan. 16, 2023: Martin Luther King holiday (University closed)
- Jan. 16-20, 2023: Week of SEISMIC (Sloan Equity and Inclusion in STEM Introductory Courses)
- Jan. 27, 2023: Assessment and Teaching Conference (Details coming soon)
New Faculty Essentials, Nov. 17, 2022
The Year of Emotional Well-Being
Provost Ann E. Cudd announced the Year of Emotional Well-Being in April 2022, expressing that “this theme offers an opportunity to engage collectively with a focus on restoring and enhancing our emotional well-being. The pandemic underscored the importance of fully supporting the emotional welfare of students, faculty, and staff as everyone navigates the new terrain. This is a time of burgeoning research and collective reflection on our emotional needs and the qualities that make for a good life."