The Open Lab at Hillman is a new makerspace for virtual reality exploration, 3D printing demonstrations, and project consultation in Hillman Library’s Digital Scholarship Commons. Along with the Teaching Center’s Open Lab in Alumni Hall, this location is a campus resource to explore emerging technologies and exploratory learning through making. Check out our Open Lab at Hillman video for a peek inside the Open Lab at Hillman and the exciting technologies available for you to explore!
Provost Ann Cudd has provided additional guidance and direction for the University. Please visit the Office of the Provost’s March 20 message for important updates on:
- Access to faculty offices and labs for instructional purposes
- Guidance for grading this semester
- Graduate classes
- Thesis defenses and other milestones
- Teaching Assistants and Teaching Fellows
- Academic Term Dates
- Summer Term Planning
- Option to Extend Tenure Clock
- Student Option of Teaching Surveys
- Available resources for teaching remotely
The Office of the Provost, in conjunction with the University Center for Teaching and Learning, awarded six faculty with the Provost's Award for Diversity in the Curriculum last week. The award recognizes the efforts of faculty to integrate diversity and inclusion into their courses and curriculum. You can read more about each award winner and their accomplishments in articles published in University Times and @Pitt.