Teaching Surveys begin Monday, April 1, and run through Sunday, April 21. Did you know that you can monitor your response rates in real time through your Teaching Survey dashboard? Also, the Office of Measurement and Evaluation of Teaching offers tips and resources that can help increase response rates and receive quality feedback.
- Zoom Video Conferencing is now available to all University faculty, staff, and students. You can access your enterprise account by visiting Pitt’s Zoom webpage and authenticating with your University credentials.
- Zoom is compatible with CourseWeb/Blackboard and we anticipate that it will be compatible with Canvas very soon.
- The Zoom Help Center contains a variety of resources to help you get started with using this video conferencing tool. We encourage you to view these resources for assistance with audio and video sharing, scheduling class meetings, and for a general overview of how you can use the tool to conduct synchronous meeting sessions.
- The Teaching Center has a Getting Started with Zoom page as an additional resource repository.
Provost Ann Cudd has provided additional guidance and direction for the University. Please visit the Office of the Provost’s March 20 message for important updates on:
- Access to faculty offices and labs for instructional purposes
- Guidance for grading this semester
- Graduate classes
- Thesis defenses and other milestones
- Teaching Assistants and Teaching Fellows
- Academic Term Dates
- Summer Term Planning
- Option to Extend Tenure Clock
- Student Option of Teaching Surveys
- Available resources for teaching remotely