CourseWeb/Blackboard classes taught in Fall 2016, Spring 2017, and Summer 2017 (Terms 2171, 2174, and 2177) will be archived on May 10, 2019, by Educational Software Consulting. Please note that archived courses are retrievable by e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org. In this message, you will find important information about this process.
What is Happening?
Educational Software Consulting will relocate CourseWeb/Blackboard course sections from Fall 2016 through Summer 2017 to a backup server through a process called archiving. This allows the University of Pittsburgh to free up space in our learning management system, which improves overall system performance (such us page loading speeds).
What Do I Need To Know?
- Only courses taught between Fall 2016 and Summer 2017 will be archived.
- You may request that your course be exempted from this process by completing the Archive Exception Request form.
- Courses taught starting in Fall 2017 through the upcoming Summer 2019 term will remain actively available.
- Archived courses are retrievable by email request to email@example.com.
Can I Make an Additional Copy of My Course Before it’s Archived?
- Yes, you can retain an additional copy of your course through a process called exporting.
- You can find directions for exporting a copy of your course (and then importing it into a future course) on our Exporting and Importing a Course page.
- Please note that these exported packages are only compatible with Blackboard. While the content will all be contained in the exported package, you will not be able to access the content directly on your computer.
What If I Have Questions?
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Educational Software Consulting at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (412) 648-2832.