Get Student Feedback Throughout the Term
Spring 2023 dates and resources
Connect with students early
Asking students for feedback throughout the term provides an opportunity to build relationships and make changes that can improve teaching and learning. Research has also shown that conducting midterm surveys and acting on the results has a positive impact on end-of-term feedback and response rates, improves student perceptions of the value of the process, and allows students to become more familiar and adept at completing meaningful evaluations.
- Learn how to request a midterm course survey or go directly to the teaching survey dashboard between Jan. 17 – Feb. 24 to make your request.
- Choose our set of survey questions or write your own.
- Discuss with students what effective feedback looks like.
- Attend our Gathering, Interpreting, and Using Midterm Student Feedback workshop on Jan. 24.
- Watch our video series to see what other Pitt faculty and students have to say about the value of collecting early and on-going student feedback.
End-of-term Teaching Surveys
Spring 2023 surveys will be open April 3 to April 23
- Add custom questions March 13 to April 2.
- Plan to schedule class time for students to complete surveys.
- Let students know that you value their feedback and how it’s used.
- Our timeline has more important dates listed.
Increasing student engagement with surveys
Getting students to respond and offer meaningful feedback on surveys is challenging. It’s important to communicate to them how valuable their feedback is and how it’s used. It’s also important to provide students with resources for giving constructive and meaningful feedback.
For more information about gathering, interpreting, and using student feedback, contact us.