With the entire university fully transitioning to Canvas as our new learning management system in the Summer 2020 term, we know that it’s important for all faculty and staff users to have access to training resources. What’s available to faculty and staff just beginning to learn how to use Canvas?
- 24/7 On-demand support from Canvas: Using the “Help” button inside Canvas, all faculty and staff can chat with, call or email Canvas support technologists 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Canvas support can answer your most common how-to questions.
- In person Introduction to Canvas training sessions as well as Open Hours where you can speak one-on-one with a technologist are being offered by the Teaching Center throughout the spring, summer and fall 2020 terms. See the University Events Calendar for more information about these. New offerings are regularly added as they are scheduled, and faculty, staff and teaching assistants are all welcome to attend.
- Webinar versions of the Introduction to Canvas training sessions will be offered periodically throughout the spring and summer for anyone who is unable to attend in person.
- The Teaching Center is working with staff at regional campuses to bring in-person training sessions to Johnstown, Greensburg, Bradford and Titusville.
- One-on-one consultations and group training sessions for 10 or more attendees are available by submitting this request form. Custom group training sessions are available in a variety of formats and lengths to suit the needs of attendees.
We are developing a support documentation hub in the form of the Pitt Canvas Learning Center. While this resource is still under construction, it already contains several useful resources and links such as how-to documentation on all Canvas tools and resources, information on third-party tools that integrate with Canvas such as Panopto and Turnitin, and guides for importing Blackboard content into Canvas.